Monday, March 11, 2013

It's A Party: Salon De La Soul Sister Grand Opening Celebration

Hey Beauties and Gents!  On March 9, 2013, I attended the Salon De La Soul Sister Grand Opening, and y'all, I had a BLAST! Our hostess with the mostest, Georgette Whaley showed us a soul-filled good time at the party--here's my take on the festivities.


Friends, family, and natural hair media personalities Lisa of This Hair of MineCrystal of Naturally Happy Hair, Tiffany K. of Venus Fly Naps Photography, and Kena of chocolateisnatural enjoyed yummy finger food, fruit, and pizza courtesy of Old School Pizza. Georgette's hubby Chris, better known as The Soul Brother supplied a steady stream of music for us to dance to, and best believe my little date Dean tore up the dance floor!


As a gift for showing love and support, party attendees received complimentary henna from the amazingly talented Dominica of Sol Tre Creations. FYI--she is a BEAST!



Although I enjoyed meeting up with old friends and making new ones, my favorite part of the party occurred when we witnessed Pastor Furr bless the salon. Success means nothing without giving praise and thanks to the Highest, so being able to witness such a powerful moment made a major impression on me and my spirit.

Thanks again to Georgette and Chris for inviting me, and I wish you even more success!

No comments:

Post a Comment